My Blog List

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Create Crochet: What Music Inspires Me

I know I have mentioned in other blogs how music is such a big part of my life. Whatever the situation, I seem to find a song that fits what is going on at that time; but when asked what song inspires me most and has gotten me through a lot of conflicts, I would have to say “Let it Be”.
At times I may be upset by something that someone said, or conflicted with one of life’s many paths that we may not always wish to travel. It seems that out of nowhere, in my head I often find the words not only just comforting, but a reminder of how short life can be. If I find myself facing a certain situation, instead of anger building or resentments, I remember that one particular line in the song, and keep repeating it to myself “Let it Be”. Maybe tomorrow I may not get a chance to say I am sorry, or even if I am hurt, I cannot hold that within me. I may shed some tears, but within my heart I know even just a little prayer can do a lot.


When I find myself in times of trouble,
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of Wisdom,
“Let it Be” “Let it Be”
There will be an answer, "Let it Be"



It is those little words of wisdom that have guided me through so much, given me the strength to look at things differently, and the courage to move on.
Ps. I even have “Let It Be” as the ringtone on my phone. So I am always reminded that there is always someone watching over me, and an answer for all that lies ahead.

5 comments:

Julie G. said...

Pammy, that is a classic, I love it too. And it's just what we have to do sometimes, is just let it go...or let it be.

Marianne's Musings said...

So beautifully said! You are so right, we do have to just "Let It Be" because we really are not the ones who are in control. Thank you for sharing :0)

Christie Cottage said...

I love "Let it Be" too! My favorite rendition is by Aretha Franklin because of the emotions in it.

When I was a teenager, I used to tell people to "Leave me Be" when I was in a bad mood. LOL

Have a wonderful SUnday!

{{hugs}}
<><

Pamela Baker said...

Christie - I will definitely have to listen to Arthea's rendition - I am sure it is really powerful also.

Zuda Gay Pease said...

It really is wonderful advice, isn't it. If people would just "let it be" they would be much happier and peaceful. Great song!