Sunday, March 21, 2010

CreateCrochet: 48hr Crochet Challenge


my entry!

With recently opening my knit and crochet shop: http://MagdaleneKnits.etsy.com, I recently joined another team on Etsy “CreateCrochet”. Although my original shop is jewelry http://MagdaleneJewels.etsy.com, a few months ago I needed a little break from my jewelry designing. So I decided to go back to crocheting and knitting for a while. I have been doing crochet work since I was about 14 years old (I really can’t count back that far to tell you how long ago that was). It is like riding a bicycle, once you learn to maneuver balancing on those two wheels, you never forget! Well, it was like that with crocheting, as soon as I had that crochet hook in my hand, and yarn in the other, it was as if I had never stopped. I only started knitting about two years ago, so I am sure there is a lot more to learn; but I find both so relaxing. Although it may seem like cheating because with knitting and crocheting, you automatically have your pattern written out for you; while with jewelry designing, your creative side takes over, and the ideas and colors form in your head before you can create a piece of your own signature work.
Actually I started to write this blog to tell you about this weekend’s exciting venture at “CreateCrochet” – a 48 hr Challenge. The CreateCrochet Team was challenged to crochet an item with a SPRING theme within 48 hours, with such inspirations as “Sunshine”, “Bright Colors”, “Spring Begins”, “Easter” and “Passover”. The Challenge started at 8am Friday morning, so with crochet hook in hand, and the clock ticking away – two minutes, one minute – the crocheting began. With many very tired fingers and sore wrists, the contest ended this morning at 8am. I actually finished my entry yesterday, Saturday, afternoon, and listed it in my shop, under the title of 48 hr. Contest. My crochet entry was a “Little Baby Lamb. I think most of the entries managed to finish on time. This is the link to CreateCrochet’s blog with all the entries received by this morning: http://createcrochet.blogspot.com/ I listed just a few of my favorites, although there were many unique and interesting pieces entered. Under the Spring theme, were many different categories, so it will be interesting to see who will win in each division. Voting will begin this afternoon (Sunday), March 21st, and continue until Wednesday, March 24th . You may just find a few of your friends from other teams busily crocheting away also!


8 comments:

PeanutandTommy said...

Yay team!!

Christie Cottage said...

That is so cute!

LazyTcrochet said...

It was a fun challenge!

Karen said...

Great post Pamela!

Julie G. said...

Pam, I love your little lambykins! I voted for it! it's adorable.

Kathleen said...

Very cute! hope your numb fingers are better now =)

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Your lamb is so cute :)
I'm off to vote...

storybeader said...

very cute little lamb. Congrats. on entering it into the challenge. {:-D