Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nonnie's Treasures



I have been a member of the Bbest Team for almost 2 years and have made many great and dear friends during our many chats in our Forum Thread. There is so much talent in this team also. One particular artisan who I consider a dear friend and love her work is Nonnie.



Her shop http://www.Nonnie60.etsy.com is a treasure chest of her many talents, which she lists as watercolors, crewel embroidery, and macramé; but, Nonnie’s main passion is her beautiful stained glass pieces. They range from stained glass pictures, a Tiffany style lamp, stained glass card holders, glass lanterns, and candle holders to beautiful gemstone jewelry and gemstones which can be custom made as requested. Nonnie has also made some beautiful dried flowered coasters and pictures which are encased in clear glass. One of my favorite pieces in her shop is her stained glass piece, called “Sophisticated Lady” in which she has combined her skills as a stained glass artisan adding a few gemstones from her collection.(shown at top). As mentioned at the beginning of her shop, anything can be custom ordered or made to your specifications.










As I always love to browse through Nonnie’s shop to look at her beautiful authentic gemstone jewelry, I was surprised by a new addition to her shop, Vintage jewelry and other vintage items. As one who loves vintage clothing and antiques, my eyes were immediately drawn to a beautiful pink crystal Vintage brooch.(at the very bottom of the this blog). Of course, I could not pass that up, so I had added it to my collection of Nonnie’s items which grace my own home. On my terrace, one will find one of her Votive Glass Lanterns which holds a candle, and is perfect as it starts to get dark while we are sitting outside. If you ever make it to one of my shows, you will find my business cards standing proudly in a pink stained glass holder, which Nonnie searched until she found the exact color of stained glass I wanted. I have quite a few garnet earrings, but decided what was missing was a garnet pendant to go with them. Where to look – Nonnie’s shop. Once again, Nonnie was kind enough to find the perfect size stone I wanted, something not too big, since I am rather on the small side. The garnet stone she found was perfect and then was mounted in a beautiful 14K gold setting. I have gotten quite a few compliments on that piece.



So not only do I get the pleasure of having a dear friend like Nonnie on our team; but I can look around my own home and find little my own little collection’s of Nonnie's artistic abilities!



14 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Hi! Great feature on Nonnie!

Sending you some hugs!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Chauncey said...

Nonnie is a true talent and a fabulous person. Great post, MJ.

Sixsisters said...

Pam wonderful post on Nonnie !

ZudaGay said...

Pammy, what a lovely feature on Nonnie! I love Nonnie's stained glass work...it is amazing! And of course, Nonnie is pretty amazing as well. :)

Beth said...

awesome feature on Nonnie....Quite a talented woman.

gloria said...

Wonderful piece on Nonnie! Well done![hrog

On a Whimsey said...

A great post about a lovely lady and a very talented artist!

Nonnie said...

Oh, my goodness! What a fantastic surprise! You are so sweet to do this, Pam.
Wow. I'm speechless.

Rose Works Jewelry said...

beautiful work :)

jstinson said...

Pam, wonderful blog post! Nonnie, congratulations of the feature. I concur with all of those good things that Pam said so elloquently!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a lovely post on Nonnie! very heartwarming. The link you provided is broken, so I will go in search of her.

MagdaleneJewels said...

Sorry about the link - it was something screwed up with the HTML - but corrected it. Thanks for letting me know, but glad you found the shop anyway.

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Beautiful items! Her stained glass is amazing!

Leather Made Nice said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Lovely blog post, Pam!!

Anne ^i^