Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nature's Miracle of Life



It is not too often that nature shares with us some of its beauty in creation. The past two weeks while sitting at my computer, I have been watching a mother bird busy going back and forth with little twigs preparing her nest for her arrival of these adorable little babies. She managed to find the perfect spot in an unused flower pot resting on a shelf on my terrace. I have tried not to disturb her busy coming and going and scare her away. When I saw her fly away a little while ago, I decided to take a peek and check her little home. It was so amazing to find these tiny little creatures just born about an hour ago, their eyes not even open. Yet their instinct knows that their mother is returning shortly with a little something to feed them as they wait patiently with their little mouths open. I will keep you all posted on their progress until they are ready to leave their nest and depart from my terrace.

14 comments:

Chauncey said...

Sweet, MJ.

BeadedTail said...

Awww, that is so sweet! How wonderful that you'll get to watch them grow up!

uniquecommodities said...

how amazing!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh wow! That is so amazing! How lucky to get these wonderful photos!

Leather Made Nice said...

What a treasure!! Watch for cat though I had something very similar only to find the cat got to them - very sad. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

moonmystic said...

Amazing photos!

gloria said...

How great to be able to watch so closely! Birds are such a wonderment! Great pix!

Becky said...

oh that's so cool! I was watching a nest that was placed under our deck, but a neighbors cat pulled it down, killed the baby bird, and the other egg just cooled i guess! It's so sad, they didn't replace the nest, at least not in the same place! I love watching all my feathered friends, they bring joy somehow! :D

Sixsisters said...

Great way to wake up and see these sweet birdies !

Tulip's Talking said...

How awesome that you will share from the building to when you cry in joy as each flies ...

Patti said...

What a delightful post!!!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Wow - that's so cool that you managed to get those shots!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

How cute! Baby birds are just so delicate and amazing!

pfd said...

They are so cute! What a sweet gift of nature that you can view!