Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Special Shop: YappsCottageDecor






I have been somewhat remiss lately in writing about a shop that I find special and would like to bring to other’s attention. The shop is http://YappsCottageDecor.etsy.com. I have purchased soaps from Lora’s shop a few times. Often I get the ones that say “Thank You”. Whenever I am doing a craft show, or if someone purchases one of my pieces, a perfect thank you is slipping that little cake of soap into the with their purchase. I can’t tell you how much people love receiving that little something extra.
My daughter is having a baby (her due date is Oct 3) and we just found out it will be a boy (although we did all want a girl) well I guess this would be our second choice! Anyway, I immediately thought of Lora’s little soaps as that perfect little something for the baby shower, which, yes, I am doing. Not only are the soap’s in Baby Powder scent (actually you can choose any scent) but for a baby shower you also get to pick out which baby pictures you would like on the cover. One of my favorite artists of children is Bessie Pease Guttman, and the two pictures I choose were of the little boys, which are reprints of her work.
YappsCottageDecor has 121 different scents to choose from. A few of her new “NEW SCENTS” include Japanese cherry blossom, Ocean water, Cantalope, Strawberry Wisteria, Angel type (Thierry Mugler) & Obsession for women type (Ralph Lauren). She also a section for men, such as Arabian Spice and Drakkar; and vegan soaps “Dragons”, which can be made upon request (since one of my son’s is a Vegan, I guess I will have to buy him one of these special soaps! Lora has so many different varieties and scents, I suggest you visit her shop and find that little something special for yourself. As of me, I can wait to try her Pink Sugar Scrub, which looks good enough to eat!













You can also visit Lora’s other shop
http://DIYsupplies.etsy.com . which has some beautiful floral fabrics, as well as Laura Ashley (which is so hard to find these days), and Ralph Lauren (Pink Roses shown here is one of my favorites).


8 comments:

Sixsisters said...

What a great blog Pam about YappsCottageDecor.
I love the idea of giving out soaps at a baby shower.
Everyone will love it.

Splendid Little Stars said...

I agree. Soaps are a great shower gift. Who doesn't like soap?!
very nice feature.

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Great shop find!

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Looks like a fun shop!

On a Whimsey said...

I love this shop and have used her soaps as Thank Yous in some of my packages.

Great article.

Tulip's Talking said...

Excellent blog post Mags! Thank you for sharing... Nice PIF for Yapps by blogging and for advertising for her by putting the goodie into your buyers purchases. Great idea I will borrow...

~Lily

Leather Made Nice said...

I could spend a day in a shop like this.

Anne ^i^

Lora said...

Thank you all for the lovely compliments on my shop. I must say that Pam is so sweet & thoughtful :) Please visit her shop to see all of her treasures.

Thank you so much Pam for being you! And for supporting us little cottage industries.

Lora ( aka YappsCottageDecor)