My Blog List

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tragedy:The Aftermath of Sept 11







In between all my other projects, I have finally finished my block to be added to the "Tragedy and Triumph" Quilt Project.
When we, Andrea (JennyGardener.etsy.com) first discussed this project, my first thought was the devastation left after the tragic attack of the Twin Towers. My first recollection of that day after seeing the planes crashing into the buildings, was the aftermath of the destruction. Living so near the City, and knowing people lost, the memory is something that I nor anyone else living here can forget. The imagine that came to mind was what all that was left after the collapse of the Twin Towers: the standing pieces of twisted steel. This imagine is reflected in my block for the quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very moved by your quilt piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.