My Blog List

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday


Happy Black Friday or should I say Happy Day after Thanksgiving, when some of us get to rest, shop while others are busy at work. I don't know how many of you attempted to go shopping today, I was about to take off for the Mall, but gave myself some mercy and stayed here - figured I can go shopping when all the nuts are back at work on Monday. I don't know about where any of you live, but here in NY (suburbs) some of the stores opened at midnight, and some at 5 am - people actually waited on line for over 6 hours just for a sale!

Thank goodness we have Etsy, we can shop and don't even have to leave our computers!

I have been busy working on doing a lot of pieces (jewelry) for Christmas. I am hoping to open my Holiday Shop on Etsy by next week. In the meantime, my friend Marion, mademarion.etsy.com, (She makes beautiful quilts and handbags), and I do all our craft fairs together. In fact, I will have an article in the Storque/Crafts of Texture on Nov 27 regarding doing craft fairs.
Anyway, we have a few Christmas fairs coming up in the next few weeks. So I have my work cut out for me. The attached pic shows one of the Christmas charm bracelets that I have made. I already sold 3 and have custom orders for 5 more bracelets!


No comments: